Welcome

Hi Everyone —

I am Tina Jones, and I will be the moderator of the discussion for the online Overview of Assistive Technology course. I have worked as the Southeast PATINS site coordinator for 12 years and every day has been different. There are always new things to learn, new problems to brainstorm for solutions, and new things to do with assistive technology. I am looking forward to hearing about each of you so please leaveĀ  a comment with a brief introduction of yourself.

Tina

54 thoughts on “Welcome”

1. Hello everyone,
    I am Carolyn Hart-Hults and I am taking the PATINS PROJECT course as a part of the Deafblind Technical Assistance Facilitator Training course. I have a Social Work background (LCSW/MSW) and currently do functional assessments for people with developmental disabilities.

2. Hi Everyone,

I am Lisa Poff and I am the Program Coordinator for the Indiana Deafblind Services Project. I have worked on the Project with Karen for 20 years. I am very interested in learning more about AT – We always have LOTS of questions about what kinds of technology is available to help students who are deafblind.

3. Hi all! My name is Becky Jefferson, and I am behind in responding, but will soon catch up to all of you! I just returned to work from maternity leave…my beautiful son is staying with his Nanna and holding my heart with him!! I am TVI (and COMS to be!) for East Central Indiana Special Services. I am also participating in the Deaf-Blind Technical Assistance Program! I look forward to talking with everyone.

4. Tina,
    Hello! This is Beth Davis and I am a Life Skill’s teacher in Richmond, IN. I serve a variety of students with various needs. Some of those needs are definitely technology oriented and I am interested in looking for new ways to make their environment more accessible. I have 3 children of my own, all actively involved in school and sports. My husband is a pilot who’s gone a lot, so I’m always juggling as most of you are doing!